The Healthcare Blue Book offers a wide range of solutions to meet employer's needs
The Healthcare Blue Book provides solutions that support employers who offer a variety of health plans, including Consumer Directed Health Plans (CDHP), conventional PPOs and Limited Medical Policies ("mini-med" policies). The Blue Book even supports those employees who don't have access to health benefits or choose not to participate in their plan. No matter how many plan types you may offer or the number of carriers supporting your programs, the Healthcare Blue Book offers a single, easy to use healthcare price transparency tool that helps employees understand how to get the right care, from the right provider at the right price.
Blue Book Basic AccessSM: Customized transparency tools integrated into your benefits or wellness portal
The Healthcare Blue Book Basic AccessSM tool delivers the power of the Blue Book national pricing database integrated into the employer's benefits or wellness portal. Blue Book Basic AccessSM is easy to use, and can be quickly deployed from your benefits portal - usually in fewer than two weeks. Blue Book Basic AccessSM has a number of features that make it an ideal total population healthcare price transparency and consumer support tool:
- Searchable national price benchmark database that covers thousands of inpatient, outpatient, office visit, diagnostic, laboratory, dentistry and other services. Prices are available for all US zip codes.
- Easy to understand, consumer friendly terminology that removes much of the medical coding jargon, and helps users understand what they should expect to pay for a service, displayed in easy to understand categories.
- Cost Savings Tips and Financial Considerations for major elective procedures help the employee consider their treatment options and understand how to talk to their provider about their options and other important considerations, such as inpatient vs. outpatient treatment.
- Point of Need (PON) reminders inform employees about specific benefits or programs related to their search, such as advocacy, on-site clinics or rewards for enrolling in a Disease Management program.
- Web Services infrastructure allows the Healthcare Blue Book to be delivered from within an existing benefits or health promotion portal. Blue Book price information and search capabilities can even be integrated into the programs delivered by your disease management, wellness, HRA and other vendors.
- Multiple search modalities make it easy for users to find what they are looking for - even if they don't know precise medical terms.
- Employee educational content customized to reflect your specific benefits design - deductibles, co-payments and other elements.
- Employee communications and support for electronic awareness campaigns.
For more information or a demonstration of Blue Book Basic AccessSM for employers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Book InsightSM: Comprehensive network price analysis and tools enabling employees to directly compare in-network providers on a cost and quality basis
The Healthcare Blue Book InsightSM tools and services are designed to meet the unique needs of employers that offer Consumer Directed Health Plans (CDHPs) or other High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs). The Blue Book InsightSM price transparency tools are customized to reflect each employer’s historical medical and pharmacy claims history, in-network provider cost and quality patterns, employee utilization patterns and benefits design features.
The customized InsightSM application enables employees to directly compare in-network providers on both cost and quality so they may receive the best value for their out of pocket expenditures. Blue Book InsightSM includes all of the features offered in Blue Book Basic AccessSM, with additional capabilities that make it an ideal total population healthcare price transparency and consumer support tool for employers offering either a CDHP or HDHP:
- Healthcare Blue Book’s team of expert clinicians, medical economist and bio-statisticians perform an economic analysis of each employer’s historical medical and pharmacy claims data. The analysis identifies and quantifies specific opportunities where significant saving can be created by migrating patients from high cost to lower cost providers without sacrificing quality.
- The Blue Book benchmark price database is customized to reflect each employer’s in-network prices and provider quality. Users can compare individual in-network provider prices against the benchmark, and directly compare providers on a price and quality basis.
- Employers may also implement the Healthcare Blue Book’s Value Directed IncentiveSM (VDI) system that rewards employees for choosing the highest value in-network provider on select services and procedures. The Blue Book InsightSM tools, coupled with the VDI system, can save employers between 1-6% of their total medical expenditure by rewarding employees for using high value providers.
For more information or a demonstration of the Blue Book InsightSM tool for employers, please contact us at email@example.com.
A fast, simple and inexpensive way to get started
Employers are invited to use the free consumer version of the Healthcare Blue Book as a resource for your employees. Employers are welcome to recommend the Blue Book and reference our website in benefits communications, or download the free Healthcare Blue Book price search tool for use on your benefits or wellness portal. When added to your website or portal, the search bar will appear in the following format:
Click here to download the free Healthcare Blue Book search bar for your website.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to receive free benefit communications and other collaterals that you can share with employees or print and include in open enrollment communications.
Have a suggestion? Click here to submit an idea
for additional resources.